Wednesday, January 26, 2011

valentine mini magazine box

Valentine is fast approaching so for our club meeting this month our focus was on Valentines. We made this mini magazine file type of box. We made it with Pretty in Pink paper.
It wasn't my idea, but I can't remember where I first saw it. I had written down some notes about it last year and now I can't remember where I saw it or who originally created it or if it even said who created it. If I find out or remember I will update my post.

It is a fairly simple design. Its made out of one piece of 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper cut down and scored and folded. We decorated these boxes fairly simple, but you can make them as elaborate as you want.
It can also be used for other holidays too. I can see Birthdays, thank you notes, Christmas, etc. Just change out colors and stamp set. This little box holds several 3x3 cards with envelopes.
I used the stamps from the Filled with Love stamp set to decorate this box. The heart matched the heart punch and the backing is the Scalloped heart of hearts embosslit. I then added some Real Red grosgrain ribbon and some Dimensionals and was done. I also added a gem to the front of the circle. Sorry I didn't get a picture of that part. You can sort of see by this picture that I stamped the circle with red, then I matted it with a pink circle and then a red one. Using our great punches of course.

So I hope you enjoy my share and are gearing up your holiday treats for the people you what to share with this holiday season. I'll post the cards next. Have a great (and warm) day.

No comments: