Tuesday, May 31, 2011

masculine guitar birthday card

This is a card that was made for a someone that likes to play games like
Guitar hero. I thought this stamp and card idea was great for the person it was made for. It's hard to see the detail of this card, but it is shiny and sparkles some. The lighting wasn't very good the night that I took the picture. Sorry I don't have a better picture. The guitarist is actually cut out and popped up with dimensionals. I used the edges of the dimensionals to pop up the smaller areas. I hate to waste stuff, so I use even the smallest of scraps when I can.
It is stamped twice. That way I didn't have to cut out the cords and small details, just the main character. It also gave it more of a 3d type of effect which was cool. The star is also popped up as well as the saying. I used the seam binding ribbon and the Word Window and Modern label punches. The background is just the brayer bounced around with various colors.
It's somewhat a basic card, but it fit the need and they enjoyed the card.
The inside has stars popped up on it too as well as another saying. Sorry I forgot to photograph the inside. I hope it gives you an idea for a masculine card next time you need one. Hope you have a great day today.

No comments: