Sunday, September 4, 2011

cd holder gift

A friend of mine got married this year. One of the things I did for her was make a slide show using the My Digital Studio. It's cool that you can not only create a scrapbook, print it out, but also add music to it and create a slideshow of it on a DVD. I created the slide show, and burned it to a DVD. Then I started thinking about how to package it. This is what I came up with. The very top has a notch cut out of it so she can pull the DVD out. You just untie the ribbon to remove it. I almost used a belly band, but I thought this was prettier this time. It's hard to see but I also stamped the background too. I colored the flower using a blender pen. The main colors I used are concord, pear and olive. I also added a touch of daffodil (for flower center) and suede for the branches.
It was actually pretty quick to make.
I just measured the width of the cd added a little to the cardstock so I could fold up the side edges to glue together. I then punched half a circle in the top, tied the pear ribbon around it all and then added on the top sections.
I hope you enjoyed my packaging idea. I thought it turned out pretty and was really happy with it.
Hope you have a great day today.


No comments: