Saturday, July 26, 2008

purse card tutorial




Okay, I finally have pictures for this tutorial. Here is how you make the purse card The swap card is the blue card. I'm also showing pink as another option. Also, I got the basic template idea from the SCS template site. I did modify the size to get two per sheet though.
First you take the cardstock and cut 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 (to get two bases per sheet).
Then you score at 3 1/2, 7, & 7 2/16 (to help it close - if you'd rather just use a Velcro dot then you don't need this second score line.)

Once it is scored, you fold up the bottom side. Then you make a tick mark at the 1" and 4 1/2" marks (on the front piece only - see photo).
You then need to cut from the bottom corner to the tick mark, but not the top part. You will then cut from the tick line to the end of the paper along the score line. Do this for both sides, so it will end up looking like a T (see picture that looks like a modified T).

Next you will cut the top part. You start at the tick line again and then cut straight up. Do this for both sides (see picture).
Next you take the top part and fold the flap over like it would when you open the card. Next you take the flap and cut off the bottom right corner (to make it look like a tag might look). then you take the piece that was cut off and place it on the left side to use as a guide in cutting off the left corner. That way your two corners match. This will make the flap have a tag like feel to it. It should look like the picture on the left when you open it all up again.
Now you are ready to decorate your card.

For the outside stamped color, I cut the paper 5 1/4 x 3 1/4.
You would make tick marks again on this paper, but at the 1" and 4 1/4" marks of your colored cardstock. Again cut from the bottom corner to the tick mark all the way to the top.
It should look like this picture.
Next stamp your image as desired. I used Boho Backgrounds.

Close up your card and add the stamped image to the front of the card. Then you embellish as desired. I cut about 7" of thin ribbon (grosgrain) or about 7 1/4" of thicker (double stitched). I attached it to the inside of my card to look like purse straps. I then used The Boho Blossoms and Five Petal punches along with a brad to decorate my cards. I then stamped an image on the inside, added a couple more punched flowers and then was done. Have fun. I'd love to see images you create too. If you make some share with me, please. Thanks.
Items I used for the pink card:
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomegranate.
Ink: Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: Boho Blossoms punch, Five Petal Punch, Gold brad, Pomegranate Ribbon, Scissors, dimensional, piercer. The blue card I used Bashful blue and Night of Navy paper. Night of Navy ink, and Navy grosgrain ribbon.

No comments: