Monday, October 13, 2008

Christmas stamp-a-stack

Well, the Christmas Stamp-a-stack has come and gone. Here is what we did in class. I thought they were fun to make. I hope the class did too. Several of these cards were cards that I had seen something similar to before by other demos, but I modified them to use current stuff. I apologize for not knowing where the original idea was taken from. I need to be better organized. I look for ideas so far in advance and then can't remember where I've seen them.


This first card is made with the Holy Triptych set. Here are the supplies used to make this card. I tried to keep this one simple but elegant.

Stamps: Holy Triptych
inks: black Stazon; Markers - barely banana, summer sun, bashful blue and brocade blue, pale and perfect plum, certainly celery and old olive, creamy caramel, close to cocoa
paper: Perfect plum, brocade blue, very vanilla
accessories: ticket corner punch old olive grosgrain ribbon




This second card is a card idea where I liked the idea of using some non-Christmas sets in a non-traditional way.
stamps: Heartfelt thanks and Warm words
inks: mellow moss, always artichoke, real red
papers: real red, artichoke, ww
accessories: real red grosgrain ribbon, glue dot, ticket corner punch

This third card is also made with a non-Christmas set. It took a lot of work to cut it all out, but was pretty fun to create. It was also taken from a similar idea by another demo. If you look closely the white is also speckled using the spritzer.
Stamps: Pick a petal and Curly label punch bundle
ink: basic black and always artichoke; always artichoke marker
paper: artichoke, real red, summer sun, ww
accessories: snips, 1 3/8" circle punch, mono liquid glue, glitter, dimensional, large oval punch, spritzer






The fourth card is another idea that was altered slightly from another demo. It looks crooked in this photo, but I promise it is straight. The tree is embossed in silver. Simple but elegant.

Stamps: Snow swirled and Heard from the heart.
inks: versa mark, night of navy
papers: brocade blue, night of navy, ww
accessories: white grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, silver embossing powder, heat gun






The final card is another non-Christmas set and has been around for a while. This idea has been seen before. I used the brayed sky technique to create the winter scene. I like this one. It's fun. I'm also going to show pictures of two other cards that I played with during my time in my second class as we had time to play with the ideas a bit. The first one was part of the class the next two were played with to get different effects.

Stamps: Lovely as a tree, Sincere Salutations
inks: versa mark, night of navy, bashful blue
papers: night of navy, brocade blue, ww, glossy white
accessories: black embossing powder, brayer, heat gun, cutter

This was stamped and then cut to create the window effect.



This one made a lighter ground area to make it look more like snow.







This second one did the masked background but also a masked moon. Which one do you like? I think they are all fun effects.
I'd love to hear what you think and what you are trying. Leave me a post and let me know what you think of the ideas. I'd love to see what you are working on. Keep me posted.

No comments: