Sunday, October 12, 2008

general update

Hey Everyone,
It is good to be back home, but we had an awesome (albeit hot) vacation. Our kids are just at the best age for Disney World. The Halloween party was fun and the best thing - no long lines. We all got to trick or treat (even us adults) and we had a beautiful Snow White and a dashing Indiana Jones with us. We are trying to download pictures, but those of you that know us, know we have a ton. So Jon has had the camera tied up doing this. I hope to have some pictures of some projects soon. I've got several to take. We have gone non-stop since we got back. Besides the ton of regular activities to keep up with and the ton of laundry from our trip, I also had a class to prepare for. I just completed my Christmas SAS for World Card Making Day and I'll have to post those pictures soon. I'm also preparing for my gift class which I'm holding on November 1st. Keep a look out for those details too.
here is a picture of one item I had already taken a picture of before we went. I wish you could really see the detail in this picture. The shininess of the embossing almost gives it a stain glass feel. It was fun to do, so I thought I'd share.
Here is what I used:
Paper: old olive, elegant eggplant, night of navy, ww
ink: Versa mark, navy, eggplant (sponged); markers - navy, not quite navy, rust, olive, summer sun, close to cocoa, eggplant, blush
accessories: black embossing powder, heat gun, sponge, samj, white gel pen, silver cording, ticket corner punch
stamp set: Holy Triptych

No comments: