Sunday, November 28, 2010

lovely as a tree birthday

I needed a masculine birthday card, so I picked out one of my all time favorite sets and that is Lovely as a Tree. I masked an area and inked it in using Sahara Sand and then stamped the tree using Old Olive and Early Espresso markers. I stamped 3 times without inking to give the variation in the colors. I also did another new one on the outside of the card to make the one in front stand out. I used the new 1/8" Espresso ribbon. I love the new skinny ribbon. Very versatile. I used the saying from Teeny Tiny Wishes and the Word Window and Modern Label punches. A fairly quick card to put together and such a neat effect I think. This style has been around for a while, but I hadn't used it in lately, so I wanted to revisit it again. I keep thinking this set will retire, but I do love it as it can be used for so many different types of cards. It can be used for Christmas (this tree makes a neat Christmas tree), a winter scene, masculine cards, various techniques, and of course all kinds of nature cards.
So I hope you enjoy my card today and have had a great holiday weekend.

No comments: