Wednesday, June 22, 2011

the open sea fathers day card

I like this set and I'm sad it didn't make it into the regular catalog. It is only available through the end of August. It's a good manly set. It's also great for some travel pics and even boat or beach scenes.
I used it for one of my 2 father's days cards. Even though I made a Father's day card, it could also make a cool birthday card or thinking of you, miss you etc. The saying could be interchanged.
For this card I aged the log sheet with my soft suede ink and my spiral punch, which I'm really sad to see this punch retire. Stampin' Up! is the only company that I have personally seen that type of punch in and it was one of my first favorite punches for the style. It was different and I liked that.
I stamped the boat on Whisper white and then colored it in using my blender pen and my ink pads. I also added some cherry seam binding which I love and am glad they are continuing. I got the saying from Teeny Tiny wishes. It's hard to see in this picture, but the Baja is also Versa Marked with both the anchor and the other directional symbol in the set.
Overall a nice and manly type of card, which I have to say is hard for me. I do prefer flowers and butterflies. I hope you enjoy this card idea today. Have a great day.

No comments: