Tuesday, June 28, 2011

toddler birthday card

We got invited to a friend of ours child's 2nd birthday party. She likes stamping and scrapping too, so of course, I had to make him a card to celebrate the occasion.

I saw how to make this giraffe on our Stampin' Connection site that demonstrators have access to. I first saw this giraffe on a card made by Maureen Albert. Her card was different, but I just thought it was the cutest thing. I like punch art in general, but I thought this one was especially fun because our gift included lots of animals, including zoo animals.
This little card is basically lots of punches. I used mainly current ones but I did use at least one retired one. I used the five petal flower for the ears. The owl punch for the eyes, nose and top of the little things on his head. I used the slot punch (retired) for the little things on his head too. You could cut little strips instead. I used 1 3/8" circle and scallop circle punches. The large and small oval and the 1/2" and 3/4" circles. I inked the edges in the respective colors and the head is actually popped up with dimensionals. I stamped the saying from Teeny Tiny wishes and added some 1/8" espresso ribbon. Except for trying to figure out the right sizes to put where it was really an easy and fun card to make I think.
So I hope you enjoy my share today.
Have a great day.
Lisa

No comments: