Wednesday, June 22, 2011

second fathers day card.

I made this somewhat cute and fun card for my husband from the kids. They kind of remind me of raccoons or at least the ones that use to visit my grandmother's house. The ones that visited her were always wanting food or attention, which my kids always seem to want one or the other at our house. Her raccoons constantly made a chattering noise because there were so many and my kids always seem to talk or make noise. They are quietest when they sleep. :)
They are good and creative kids for the most part, but they are definitely busy. I just couldn't resist making this card like this because of that.

I do only have one raccoon stamp and yes its nose faces left, which would be the one on the right side. So how did I get the other one? Well you can't tell in this picture, but I cheated. I stamped the raccoon on a piece of transparency and cut him out and flipped him over. I tried to put the glue under the darker parts of him, but you can still see a little near the bottom. So that's how I cheated. I did watercolor the bear with my blender pen and ink pads. The star is stamped on daffodil paper and then cut out.
So I hope you like my idea. It too could be used for other events - camping, birthday etc. Hopefully it inspires you to come up with some other creative options when things don't work exactly like you want them too. Have a great day.

No comments: