Saturday, June 18, 2011

scrapbooking your faith - christmas

Since I'm so far behind I'll post two in one day. This was our Christmas Scrapbooking your faith class. I always feel torn around Christmas about what to scrapbook. Why, because we don't ever have any pictures really that share our faith during these times. We go to services and Christmas events, but most are quieter times where you don't really take pictures. So all I really take pictures of is the gift exchanges and decorations and such. So all I can do with the other part is journal it.

Since I only have the other to scrapbook, I wondered how I could add a religious element to the pages. One of the ways was to use the Come to Bethlehem set. Being smaller though it got kind of lost on the page, so I had an idea. I decided to punch out a circle and stamp the image. I then used my dauber and inked the bottom to look like sand and then inked the edges to give depth. Then I used my tab punch and made it look like an ornament. Several of our decorations that we have in our home share our faith, so it will fit right in with the pictures. It also fits in with the gift giving, because Christ was the perfect gift we could ever receive.

I used the Jayne's type alphabet and the concord ribbon and papers. A tip I used for my stamp set was that I cut the star separate from the wise men. I don't know why but I didn't like the look of a dark star. By cutting it apart I have a choice. With the clear mount I can put the star anywhere I like now. I also used Elements of style for the vine look behind the letters and popped up several of the ornaments. It's hard to see in these pictures but the one cherry cobbler ornament has the tinsel wrapped around it that we sold in the holiday mini. It only took a small bit to wrap around it, maybe 3" or so. It just gave it an extra sparkle it seemed, kind of like being on our tree.
So I hope you like these pages and it gives you ideas of some things you can do to share your faith.

Have a great day.

No comments: