Sunday, October 11, 2009

celebrate your day card

This weekend was busy for us. We had at least 2-3 items every day this weekend. We got to spend time with friends and family both days. I got to have my first Stamp-a-stack yesterday for this Christmas season. Today, I got to celebrate my nephew's 16th birthday. They are involved with a lot of sports and are really busy, so we got to celebrate his birthday early. So in about a week, another teenage driver will be on the road. I hope my sister survives :)
So I made him this card using the extreme elements and Celebrate Everything stamp sets. I thought it somewhat fun and the brown spots almost reminded me of tire treads, so we got a kick out of that a little, since he will be driving soon. On the outside it says, "Celebrate your day" and on the inside it said, "Celebrate you, happy birthday" (this saying is from a little birthday cheer stamp set.) He's a great kid and I hope he has a great day on his birthday coming up soon.

This card is made on Whisper white and is matted with brilliant blue and garden green cardstock.
The elements and saying are stamped in the following colors: Soft Suede, Garden green, brilliant blue, & crushed curry. I also used the crushed curry polka dot ribbon (turned to the backside - since it was a guy card).

So I hope you enjoy my little card. Remember to be kind to young/new drivers today too because in a little over a week, there should be another one. Have a great day today.

No comments: