Monday, October 5, 2009

club project card halloween

I know a lot of people don't send Halloween cards anymore, so I opted not to put Happy Halloween on the front of this card, although you could. I thought they could put a thank you or thinking of you sentiment on the inside of this card and it would be a good one to send in October. I couldn't resist using these cute witch hats though. Of course I had to make one a little more girly then the others to make it "one of a kind", but if you didn't like the flower a small star should work too. The olive hat is also on dimensionals so it is raised up above the others.
We used the Eat, drink & be scary stamp set to stamp the hats in black and old olive. They are on whisper white and cut out. We then wrapped either pumpkin pie or basic black grosgrain ribbon around them. I used the trio flower punch to punch out the flower and the paper piercer to poke a hole in the center and then added on with a glue dot. This is all placed on whisper white, backed with pumpkin pie and then basic black. It's mounted on old olive. I then stamped "You are one of a kind" in basic black on the bottom from the One of a Kind stamp set.
I thought this was a cute card. Now the question is who would be the recipient of it? Who gets the one of a kind witch hat? haha. Back when I was younger I would have had great fun with this card antagonizing my friends.
Of course back then I would have been right there with them seeing what we could get into at the time. Now I'm older and more of a home body, but I'm sure all of us have some humorous or almost humorous stories to tell of our past. So I leave you with those thoughts - pondering who would be the recipient of your "One of a kind" card.
I hope you have a great day today. :) Enjoy your memories.

No comments: