Thursday, October 8, 2009

mummy card for club

Several members saw a card using a mummy last year and talked about how cute it was. So this year I decided to come up with a card and let them do the actual mummy. I'm not the originator of the mummy, nor do I know who first created it. I've seen it on more then one site over a couple of years, so I really don't know who to credit for it.

Now the coffin, I played around with a couple ideas for it. Like the little kid vampire, I thought about having it open at the bottom, but I wanted to change some stuff up so this one opens to the side. It's a little more boxy looking because of the attachment to the back. If you like the more pointy style then you will have to have one that opens like the little vampire. To make the coffin you measure in from the top 1" and down 1" and that gives you your corner cut. Then you measure 1 1/2" down from the 1" cut and then also 1" in from the bottom corner and cut between the two.
I stamped the front using batty for you using black It's punched out matted with black and then a pumpkin pie scalloped circle. The scallops on the circle are also pierced with holes. It is raised up with dimensionals. The background is stamped with the sanded background.
The inside is made the same way, except I started with a slightly smaller piece of paper for the backing. Just cut the edges the same way you cut the front. Next I took a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of white and then tore it into strips. I also had a small white piece that I tore and very easily tied into a knot. I inked all edges with caramel ink using a dauber. I then laid them on the mat and trimmed the excess to fit and then re-inked those edges. I added the little knot with a glue dot.
I added the mummy to the back of the card. I stamped Happy Halloween from Teeny Tiny Wishes in black. The eyes are punches. I punched out a pumpkin pie piece for the back of the eyes, white for the middle and black for the fronts. I placed the eyes before laying down all the strips (so you do it as you go).

So I thought this would make a fun card for Halloween, but if you don't send halloween cards but scrapbook you can use it too. I thought you could cut the card apart and this would be fun on a 12 x 12 layout about Halloween.
Hope you enjoy. Have a great day.

No comments: