Friday, June 4, 2010

baby bib card

Not too long ago, a friend of mine had a baby shower. I saw this cute idea and thought I would try it too. I don't know who originated it, but I think it's pretty fun. This little bib card is made with the scallop circle Big shot die and the circle die. I used a circle punch to punch out the top part. It's a little hard to see, but it's a pretty in pink card. I stamped the baby from All in the family with stazon and colored it in with markers (pink and blush). The blush marker isn't retiring by the way. I then stamped the saying in pink as well and then added a pink ribbon. The scallops are attached at the top so the card opens upward to the inside, which says Congratulations in black. I used the set from the Well scripted set that was in the last mini, since that was still available at the time. I think it's pretty cool the way it worked out. I love cute different cards. You can do this with any die really. Just place the fold of the paper where it doesn't come all the way to one edge, so it ends up flat on that side like a fold. The cool thing with this one is that the way this card works this edge is almost hidden. If you don't like the flat edge in the front though, you can always cut two of them and fold the inside one just under the top edge and adhere it to the front to allow the card to open. So that's an option too.
I'm hoping tomorrow that I get some time to play a little. I got my new preview catalog today along with some preview items that we demos are allowed to pre-order. I was excited. Almost stalking the poor UPS person waiting for them to arrive so I wouldn't miss the delivery and have to wait until Monday. If I do get to play I'll have to post an entry in the next day or so. So much fun. It's like looking through a Christmas toy catalog when I was younger. I'd say I want that and that, etc. It's the same only with scrapping/stamping toys. :)
So I hope you enjoy my share. It was fun to try.
Have a great day.

No comments: