Saturday, June 26, 2010

tropical sign for my daughter

My daughter was sticking papers to her door to tell people messages, so I made her this little sign for her door. Now there isn't as much hanging there as she can write different messages on here depending on what she wants to say (the black part is chalkboard). Of course it didn't get rid of them all as she has lots to say, especially to her brother, but it did get rid of some. :)

It's uses the 5x7 on board boards that are retiring this month. I covered it with the island Oasis paper and rounded the corners. I then used my top note die to cut out a chalkboard decor element. I then used the tropical party stamp set to stamp some flowers. I cut them out and raised some up on dimensionals. I used my Big shot to punch out her name and my cropodile to punch holes for the hangers.
The ribbons look different at the top because I intertwined them together so when it hangs they wind around each other. It just doesn't lay flat well without hanging, so that's why they look bunched up. I also took a piece of chalk and added some cardstock at the bottom and tied ribbon around it that way they don't get chalk all over their hands and ultimately over their clothes. It was a fun rainy day project to make and I think would make a fun kid's camp project too.
So I hope you enjoy the share today. As always if you have questions, just ask.

No comments: