Sunday, August 3, 2008

Convention day 3

Well, Day 3 (final day) of convention has come and gone. It was definitely an eventful day. We started out with classes today so we could end up with the large group sessions. They wanted to finish with a bang (more about that later). This morning I got to do my last make and take session and two classes. The make and takes were fun. We made a box with cards, a ribbon bookmark using the cool Incolor ribbon and some new hardware, a brayed dry embossed card and a mini envelope book - all so cute and cool. I'm charging my camera battery, I'll have to show some pictures soon. Before I put it on the charger I did take some time to download some pictures I took of some items that happened today. Most of the pictures are from the last large group session, where they demonstrated some cool fun items to do this fall. I can't wait to get the new stuff to prepare some of these items. There are several gift ideas, scrapbook ideas and they look like lots of fun. Also during the large group session they decided to have some fun. They played "Stamp-tionary" where they pitted west and east coast against each other and then Rookies vs "old timers". And then a playoff. I believe the West won.

In between sessions they gave out prizes to some of the crowd (I won a stamp set) and they played these funny commercials promoting upcoming events. One was a "Barbie" type commercial that was so funny. They decorated her house with several Stampin' Up! items and even gave them Stampin' Up! clothes (see the picture.) Can you see the clothes. The green top was the one in Momento Mall this year and the apron is one item listed too. Have you noticed the decor elements in mini on the walls? I think the pictures are small stamps too. It was too cute and funny. They even had a UPS doll show up with an order.


Speaking of UPS one of the last items that they did, which caused a ton of excitement, happened during the time that Shelli Gardner (President and cofounder) was speaking. All of a sudden a doorbell sounded and a UPS delivery man walked in with a box and the crowd went wild. He told her he had a delivery and she asked for who and looked at the box and said, "For everyone" and the crowd went bolistic, because that meant that the whole crowd was going to get a free stamp set - all however many thousands of us. Confetti went off and it got loud in there. Ladies were dancing around. It was so much fun to watch. And we all got a new set coming out of the new catalog. It was the one that matches one of the new punches, but best of all it was the one that if you order it they give a donation to Ronald McDonald house, which was way cool. Then they announced that all those sets were donated by UPS, the crowd went wild again. So a set got donated to the attendees, plus since it was purchased -donations go to Ronald McDonald house and we get to demo it to try and make more money for Ronald McDonald house, which is way cool. It's always cool to help out good charities. This picture is of Lynn and Kathy holding up their free sets (which matches our new scallop square punch), which is way cool. It was on my wish list anyways.

After all the excitement died down they did some closing statements and we were free to go. Our group decided to eat dinner tonight at Macaroni Grill and then we all walked back to our hotels to pack and get ready to leave. It was a fun time and I got to meet some very nice ladies on this trip. This next picture is some of our group that stayed at the same hotel as I did. They were a lot of fun and I laughed a lot when I was with them. By the way the brown building behind them is our hotel. Well this is a long post, but it was a very busy day. Tomorrow I get to come home and I will be so glad to get to see everyone. I miss my family a lot. I did get to see a ton of stuff and have gotten a ton of ideas. I can't wait to share them with everyone. Hope to see you all soon.

No comments: