Tuesday, August 12, 2008

An update 8/12

Hey everyone,
Sorry I haven't written lately. I've had a lot of catching up to do since Salt Lake and I'm still behind. Don't ask me why. Life just happens. Well, I know part of it. School started this week, so we have been out getting supplies and getting DD ready for 4th grade. She has new teachers this year and she entered the advanced program, so we are going to have to learn all about that. I'm sure that means more work for all of us too. You know - every year - they have what I call parent homework - all the forms you have to fill out (worse then a mortgage) and they also have projects that kids can't do without parental help. I'm not sure why they do that, but they do. She has a small one due Friday. I'm off soon to find an extra shoebox for that. Now what to decorate it with. Hmm.... which of the thousands of supplies should we use. Lol. Also, this past weekend, between birthday celebrations, church, and visiting with great friends I got to start painting on my craft room. For those of you that don't know, we got water in my craft room around Christmas time. I lost quite a bit of money in supplies with the damage. Well, it took them till Memorial weekend to come out and fix it (a big backlog in this area with this problem). We had to wait about a month or so to let the cement cure, then between classes and swap making I had no time to paint it until this weekend. I've been without a room pretty much since not long after the water came in, so my lovely family has had to do without a dining room table until it's done. Now it's DH time to finish the carpet and base boards, then I can start putting back all my supplies, and we can start putting the rest of the basement in order then too (if you didn't know we had to fix 2 rooms and the family room to fix the problem - so they had to be either all or almost all emptied out). Can I say a lot of work. They supposedly guarantee no more water. I sure do hope so. It was miserable to go into my room and step into a big cold wet area. I have to say though, I'm not totally sure on the color I chose. It may have to grow on me. It looked different in the store. I chose a brown (neutral to best display lots of my projects). I ended up changing my mind at the last minute and decided upon darker, but not too dark because of the lighting in the basement. I have a feeling it should have been darker. I kept thinking it would dry darker. The guy might have mixed it wrong - that's a whole nother story about that special trip. If you are interested, just ask. Now mind you the color is suppose to be nutmeg brown, but I think what's on my wall is kind of like a cross between baby pooh and chocolate. My husband and son think chocolate, my daughter laughed and said pooh, does that say a lot. Okay, if you are done laughing now, I hope to put stuff back soon. Then you can come and see for yourself and come hang out and create some. Who knows, next thing you know you'll either want chocolate or "go do something else". LOL. I'm not right. Anyways, I'm hoping to play and create more this weekend, so hopefully I'll have some more samples soon. Hope you got a great laugh.

No comments: