Friday, August 1, 2008

update one of convention

Arrival day: Tuesday
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't written in a few days. It has been crazy here at convention. Tuesday which was travel day was very tiring. Besides the long plane ride, we had a marathon run in Chicago (we weren't suppose to change planes, but the air conditioning failed in mid-air, so they switched plans on us. So we had to go all the way down area A and then all the way down area B fairly quickly to catch the plane out. Luckily the luggage made it. We weren't sure at the time. Then just trying to find the way around town, to the hotel and such. Also switching time zones and altitudes has made a difference. The altitude thing was very surprising. We've found we have to drink more here both because of the heat but because of the altitude. It's like we are always thirsty even indoors. It's weird. It's also tiring. Even the fittest of us is feeling the effects. So I'm going to share different days postings with some highlights. Since this is arrival day I'll show you my room (it was an upgrade for some reason and is totally awesome and huge.) What you see is only part of it. It's hilarious, we have the whole family we get the small room. I come by myself it's huge. Go figure. Also my view from the room is great too. See what you think. This is one part of it. I see more and more mountains on the right too. It looks pretty at night too with all the lights. It is definitely nice for a downtown area.

No comments: