Thursday, August 7, 2008

my swaps for convention

5 swap cards.

I just realized I never showed anyone what I took for swaps. Here are some examples of what I took for my swaps. They took a lot of time to make. I hope you like them. The first is the purse card I talked about earlier on my blog. There is also a tutorial listed under tutorials on how to make it - what cuts to make and where, etc. It also lists all the parts.


This second card is again with the Boho Backgrounds, but what is hard to see in this picture is that each of the 3 areas in the scallops and the For You are all embossed in black, which makes them shiny and pop up off the card. In person it makes it has a cool effect. So I used Whisper white, real red, basic black papers. I used Versa mark and black embossing powder, black ink, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle, silver brads and red grosgrain ribbon.

This next one I call my ribbon weaving card. This was a fun technique that I saw how to make. I have had several people ask me about this, so we will probably do this real soon (maybe at club). I learned how to do this technique from a video by K. Werner. Again this uses the Boho Backgrounds and the One of a kind stamps sets. Again the middle and words are embossed in clear embossing powder over chocolate chip craft ink. The colors are Chocolate chip and brocade blue and whisper white. I also used the key tag punch, several circle punches, the scallop circle and a brad. if there is interest I might even do a tutorial. What do you all think?



This last card is a little bit of a catalog spoiler. This is with two new stamp sets. It is done with Wow flowers and Heard from the heart. I thought the flowers sort of looked like snowflakes and it made a cool effect. The paper used for this card is actually white. See the white snowflakes that is the color of the paper. This technique is called emboss resist. I embossed the images and used a brayer to color the paper. I used the new Baja Breeze color and then I embossed again after I colored the paper. I thought it turned out cool anyways. What do you think? The items used for this card are: Whisper white paper, versa mark ink, clear embossing powder, baja breeze classic and Night of Navy craft inks; brayer, heat tool, white grosgrain ribbon and a brad.


I forgot my fifth card. I had to come back and edit this. I kept running out of supplies so I had to do a fifth card. Here it is.
For supplies, I used the following: Cardstock: Night of Navy, Brocade blue, Pacific point, Close to cocoa, Chocolate chip, barely banana. Inks: Chocolate chip, appricot appeal, night of navy, white craft, and rose red and chocolate chip markers. Accessories: white embossing powder, heat tool, 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamond glitter, eggplant ribbon, photo corner punch, slot punch, dimensional, snail, dauber
Hope you enjoy the cards, you'll have to let me know what you think.

No comments: