Tuesday, April 27, 2010

masculine cards

I'm not sure why, but this weekend I got on a kick of masculine cards using the Wanted set and a couple others. I thought this one was interesting because it looked a little like the old fashioned wanted type posters - well a little anyways. I took vanilla paper, tore the edges inked with Chocolate chip and Soft suede and rolled some pieces with my fingers. I have to tell you that I haven't used soft suede a lot, but when it comes to distressing things it's a color I'm really liking, especially on the vanilla. I also liked the wood grain stamp on the back of the base card too. It almost looks like it's on a tree. The word Wanted and the circles are from the Wanted stamp set. The words are from Wonderful favorites. I placed silver brads in the circles for dimension and I also stamped the words on separate pieces too to add some extra dimension, but they could have been directly on the paper for a clean and simple (CAS) card effect.
I also took a picture of the Wanted sign without the extras as I thought that would also make a cool journal spot on a scrapbook page. Either one would really, but this one was more open for journaling.
So I hope you enjoy my shares today. I'm not the best at masculine cards, but had fun this weekend making some.
Have a great day today.

No comments: