Thursday, April 15, 2010

Scrapbooking your faith - love


These are the pages we did for our scrapbooking your faith class. Sorry I'm a couple months behind posting. I just realized that. This is the one we did the end of February. Yes I know it's retired paper, but this is not a class that I'm trying to make money on. It's put together to help us scrapbook more about ourselves and our faith. Something I tend to do little of with all the birthdays and special events that we have. I so need to do so much more of that and this class helps me do that. It also allows me to have bible study with my friends and grow stronger as a Christian as we learn and share together.
These pages would also look pretty I believe with the designer series paper located in the current mini. It's full of pinks and reds and it glitters. What's neat about the paper that's on these pages is that it's flocked and was in the Holiday mini. I had hoped to use it before it retired, but I did get to show it off during that time. I just thought it went really well with pages on love and couldn't help but use it. Even though the pages are retired, I hope the pages give you ideas that you can use in your albums.

I liked the way these pages turned out as I thought they could be used in a myriad of ways. We could focus them on people we love or a specific person, about our relationship with God and how he loves us and we him or even how you share love with others - mission, working with kids, youth, etc. You could also scrap gifts/talents he has given you that you love and how you use them or even what your favorite love languages you have are and how you share them. I could keep going on with ideas.

We started out our lesson by defining love and looked at various scriptures that did that (i.e. 1 Corinthians 13). We also talked about how love is an action - an act of doing. How when we have a growing faith and hope (positive outlook) it is so much easier to share and spread love. We also talked about various bible characters that we had been discussing lately and how they shared and showed love. How much God loves us - enough to give us his son. We also talked about if we share our gifts (talents) with love how much more we can do there. We just have to be open to the opportunities God gives us and realize that if it is his will he will provide all the resources we need to teach others about his love.
So I hope you enjoy my pages and the really short synopsis of the study. We spend about an hour in the bible study part, so that was definitely the quick version. As always if you have any questions, just ask.

No comments: