Monday, August 30, 2010

6x6 progressive pages elements of style

Okay, I showed you the 6x6 page or card I did for my last workshop and here is where I showed off my progressive pages (it was also one of my hostess gifts.) What are progressive pages? Well, it's one way to show how you can "progress" a 6x6 page into an 8 1/2 x 11 page and then into a 12x12 page. That way you can show how to use what we make in a workshop to fit other sizes. Not everyone scraps in 6x6 so this shows them another option.

This first page has my 6x6 page on an 8 1/2 x 11 page. I matted it with Razzleberry and then added some more vanilla and then an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of razzleberry. I again stamped the flowers from the Elements of style set and punched out another butterfly with my Big Shot and then added some olive satin ribbon. Have I said how much I like the satin ribbon? Well I definitely do as you can tell by most of my samples. :)

Next I laid my 8 1/2 x 11 page onto a 12x12 piece of vanilla and then stamped and inked some more and then of course added more butterflies. I wrapped the butterflies with the linen thread and tied the knot near the top to make them look like antennae. I thought it turned out to be a pretty page and can't wait to add some pictures and journaling.
So I hope you enjoy the share and it gives you an idea of how to make some progressive pages if you need too. Sometimes it's easier to start with a smaller project and work out, especially if you just have maybe one or two pictures.
Have a great day and hope you get a chance to be creative today. Blessings.

No comments: