Sunday, August 1, 2010

elegant lines birthday

Seems like lately with so much going on, I'm really liking easy. To me this card is soooo simple and yet very classy. I just ran the Marina Mist paper through my Big Shot with the Elegant Lines embossing folder.
I just love the embossing folders. They give such deep rich embossing and look so pretty.
I then stamped the birthday sentiment from the Perfect Punches set in Marina mist. Punched it out with my wide oval punch. It's so much fun when sets coordinate with punches. I can't resist those types of set. :)
I then tied on some vanilla satin ribbon and tied in a little bit of 1/8" marina mist taffeta ribbon for the knot. I then added some of our new self adhesive pearls to the little circles that were embossed and that just gave it the last right touch I thought. I didn't come up with the pearl idea, but have seen it on several cards lately along with jewel brads, crystals and various items like that. I don't know who originated the idea, but I like it. For this card though I thought the pearls especially matched the paper and silky look of the satin ribbon perfectly.
So I hope you enjoy the share for the day.
Keep creating and have a great day.

No comments: