Tuesday, July 27, 2010

scrapbooking your faith -things I love

Sorry I've been such a slacker posting lately. It's been very busy here. Last week we took some vacation time even and I used a lot of the time to get caught up on cleaning in various parts of our house. You know you are busy when you don't have time to clean. :)
We did go somewhere too, but the days we stayed home we did quite a bit of cleaning. Not that you could tell it much in our cluttered home, but it did make a dent and made a couple rooms much nicer.

So I haven't had a lot of time to create outside of class material lately it seems. Between work, having to lead a bible study at church now and trying to keep up with family stuff along with my stamping classes it's been busy. I need to take another vacation day and just create I think. :) That would be lots of fun.
So I was looking at my blog and realized what a slacker I had been with my blog and especially with my scrapbooking your faith posts. I haven't posted those the last several months and I hadn't even realized it. So here is the pages we did several months ago. We used a few sets here as well as some punches. The main stamp set we used was the Things I Love stamp set. We also used some others too, but they aren't all in the new catalog. There is a similar one though so that's good. We also used several punches including the full heart punch, large oval and some circle punches. We also inked all the edges.
We focused this lesson on the things we focus on and spend time on or with - kind of like our favorites. We put a cross near the front because I hoped those attending the bible study placed God high up in their lives as well as their families and loved ones (hence the saying, "but most of all you" punched out with the oval). The others were used mainly for favorite items, but could be interchanged depending on likes or what photos they had. I tried to pick items they might have pictures of and could journal about. I placed strips so they could add lists of favorites or multiple photos. They could do it like in columns even if they wanted to. Have pictures with lists under or around them.

I made these pages for a couple reasons. One, I thought it might help us focus where we spend our time and such. I also thought they could be fun page to look back on. Our favorites change over the years and sometimes it's fun to look back and see what we liked - what foods, what styles, what events, etc. Even what people were in our lives at the time as they change over time too.
So that's my share for the day. I hope you enjoy it and it gives you an idea to scrapbook about as well. Have a great day today. Blessings.

No comments: