Tuesday, July 13, 2010

club card - black magic with a twist

This was the second club card we did last month. It used the Close as a Memory stamp set which retired, but any set that's solid can be used and there are several in the new catalog. I still thought I'd show the card idea though. Black magic is a cool technique, but the name isn't quite right. Nothing weird or bad was done to this card, lol. It gets it's name because it's stamped on black or dark cardstock and it's kind of "magical" how it works. In real life this card is pretty cool. It's a little hard to see the various shadings and dots on the flowers, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like completed. This card is done with our watercolor pencils. I also used the scallop and wide oval punch. The saying is raised up on dimensionals. I also used satin white ribbon overlayed with the Razzleberry polka dot ribbon (also retired). I'm bummed this ribbon retired, but there is some very pretty Razzleberry satin ribbon in the new catalog, which I really like. This card takes a little time with the shading of the coloring and such, but it's not really hard. I thought it looked really pretty with the returning Pacific Point paper.
So I hope you enjoy my share today. I'm not sure how much I'll post this week as we have VBS at our church and my daughter has field hockey practice too. Just another busy, busy week. I'm sure many of you can relate and understand the crazy schedule thing.
I hope you have a great day and get some time soon to be creative. Blessing.

No comments: