Monday, July 19, 2010

Because I care in black, white and Marina

I'm surprised how much I like this set. It's not one that when I first saw it that I thought I'd like that much. I was at first drawn more to the set that matched the punches and the paper and some other ones. I ended up receiving this set for free from Stampin' Up!. It wasn't long and I was using it and for some reason I have used this one set a lot lately. It has definitely grown on me and it fills my need to color and I think it looks great on these little note cards.
I do think it's pretty versatile and it includes sayings too, which is great in my opinion.
I know I like to color which also helps. So for you guys who don't like to color, here is a card with no coloring on it made with the same set. I stamped one image with my staz-on pad and then punched it out with my square punch. I then punched out another square in Marina Mist to mat it on. I then stamped the saying and punched it out with the large oval and then backed it with a scallop oval punched mat in black. It of course is raised up on dimensionals too.

It sits on top of the new marina mist 1/8" taffeta ribbon. It is very pretty. I'm including a close up picture so you can see it in better detail. Some of the new colors have some very pretty ribbons and this new thin ribbon is no exception.
I bet this new ribbon will be great for the holidays too. It is just small enough. I can see ornaments tied with it and craft projects, and little gifts, etc. I know I'll have to get more of this real soon.
So I hope you have a great day and enjoy my share. Blessings.

No comments: