Saturday, July 10, 2010

club card - flores suaves

This cool flower can be found in our hispanic catalog. This is part of the set called Flores Suaves. The saying is from Asian Artistry a hostess set from the last catalog. This class happened before the last catalog retired, so that's why I used it. There are lots of nice sentiment sets though that would work with this card, so it can be adjusted depending on the occasion.
This card was one of our club cards we made. The flower is colored with the ink pads and a blender pen. If you haven't ever used blender pens they are cool. It's basically a wet pen. You dip it into the ink and then apply it to your paper. It's like an instant marker, just a little softer.
The cool part is that it can be re-used again and again. Just wipe off the old ink and it's ready to go for the next color. Kind of like an aquapainter, just not as wet.

Here I used Rich Razzleberry and Certainly Celery and Old Olive to color the flower. The background paper was an easy version of the emboss resist technique. The paper already came embossed with the swirls and all we had to do was color it with Razzleberry ink. I just took a sponge and sponged the whole piece of the paper. This particular paper retired, but the Presto Patterned paper is different, but does the same effect and is still available. Of course you can always emboss your own paper too and it has a similar effect.

The words are popped up off the card and I also used white grosgrain ribbon.

This card looks really pretty in real life in my opinion. I think it's one of my favorites so far.
So I hope you like my share today. Hope you have a great day. Blessings

No comments: