Thursday, July 8, 2010

Baby's first Birthday

We got the pleasure recently of getting to attend a good friend of ours baby's 1st birthday party. He had lots of fun and got gooey and sticky several times from all the good food. :)

I saw this color combo and similar idea in the new catalog and thought I just have to try this. Since I thought of my friend when I originally saw it, I figured it was a perfect occasion for it, as they love animals and especially monkeys.

I used Baja Breeze and Crumb Cake for the main colors. The happy birthday is from a new set in the catalog called Perfect punches. This particular stamp fits the wide oval punch. I love stamps that match punches and this is a whole set that matches. The monkey is also cut out and raised up on dimensionals for some added 3d effect.

I wanted it to be fun when it opened so I created some spirals with my 1 3/4" circle and then I punched out large and small stars to decorate it with. I also used the School days stamp set in the mini and stamped 1st and then punched it out with a circle punch too (that's what the little circle in the upper middle is). I added some white and baja items over the whole inside of the card. The card goes lower, but I forgot to take a picture before I wrote my greeting on the bottom so I only took the upper portion in the picture. The saying near the top says Birthday wishes and is again punched with the wide oval punch. I like moving fun cards, so I enjoyed putting this together for him for his 1st Birthday.
So that is my share for the day. I hope you enjoy it and have a great day. Blessings.

No comments: