Saturday, August 28, 2010

workshop project - elements of style

This is a card that I made for a friend of mine's workshop. It folded into a 6x3 card that will fit into one of our open ended envelopes.

They got the choice of making one of these cards or a small 6x6 scrapbook page, which I will show below.

For this version of the card I inked up the large flower with stazon and stamped it over the large and small butterfly. I then took the ink pads and a blender pen and we colored the small butterfly using Rich Razzleberry, certainly Celery and Old Olive. We then inked all edges with Suede ink and a dauber. We stamped the saying using Razzleberry and punched it out using the large oval and then punched a scallop oval out of suede. We layered all of this over rich satin Razzleberry ribbon to finish it all off. Pretty quick and easy. It showcased our punches, markers (which I used for the saying), daubers, Big Shot, blender pens, ribbon and dimensionals (for the saying). I thought it was a nice, but elegant card to make. Not to mention that some of them learned a new technique (coloring with blender pens).

I got the original idea of making this from a fellow demo named Dawn Olchefske. I changed some colors and added some items, but got the original idea from her.

So I hope you enjoy my share today.
Have a great day.

No comments: