Wednesday, December 29, 2010

scrapbooking your faith - easter

I just realized how far behind I am in my postings for my syf class. I didn't realize that I hadn't posted these. I apologize that I didn't post them sooner. The good thing is that these months aren't that far off and many of the materials are still available.

This one was the Easter pages that we had done back in April. There are some things in this picture that are hard to see. First the sun has shading on it and then each little ray has a bit of glitter added to it for extra sparkle. The crosses have the wood grain background stamp stamped on them and then we colored in nail holes with a marker. The concord mats and the sand are spritzed with shimmer paint mixed with alcohol so they both sparkle. The ribbon was a ribbon from the last catalog and a bulk buy for demonstrators, but could be substituted for a different kind. The shadows were just created with a dauber. These are 2 - 12x12 pages pushed together. There is one cross on one side and two on the other. I thought these were a neat change of type of page. Everyone is wanting the mats for the 4x6 pictures so that is what we are incorporating for now. Limits the creativity a little, but really helps in the completion process which many of us need right now.
I hope the pages inspire you some and help you share some of your faith and traditions with your family. So many times we scrapbook events or trips and very little about what we believe, our traditions and what is important in our lives today. That's why this class was formed to help us at least take a few pages to share those types of things.
I hope you enjoy the pages as it won't be long before that season arrives again and our focus shifts from Christ's birth to his death and resurrection.
Hope you have a great day today.

No comments: