Sunday, November 2, 2008

barrettes

I was trying to debate different gift ideas and things that could be quick and easy. So besides the Shrinky Dink material I was also playing with a few other jewelry finds that I got at the same time and I was wondering how I could decorate these barrettes for my daughter and make them somewhat fun and durable. Here is what I came up with this time. I covered them with punched and die cut paper and then coated the whole thing with Crystal effects. It's still a little flexible, but will hold up a lot better then just plain paper.
These first ones are made with the Juntos paper - have I said that I really like this for fall colors. I also used my Big Shot and Leaves die. This is just a fun fall one for her to wear to school

This second one I thought would be fun for election day or 4th of July or any other fun time in between.
It's made with the star punch and Real Red, Brilliant Blue and Whisper white paper. Very quick and easy.







Here is also a picture of the back so you can see what that looks like. I put Crystal effects there too to help protect it and glue it on.

No comments: