Saturday, November 29, 2008

club card and tags

I was hoping to show you some of the ornaments my sister and I made during our Thanksgiving time together, but I can't find my adapter for my camera. We cleaned up to have Thanksgiving dinner here at our house for my husband's family, so I have to find where my husband put it. As soon as I find it I'll post some. There were some really cool ones made and I can't wait to share, especially the punch ones and the sparkly ones, so check back soon. In the meantime, these are the last couple of objects we did at club. I thought you might want to see them if you weren't involved or remember an idea if you were, especially since this is the time of the year we all get ready for Christmas. So did anyone go shopping this weekend? I did some today too. Don't forget the extravaganza sale if you are interested. Some items are supposedly already sold out. It's good only through Dec. 1st while supplies last. See my post from a couple of days ago if you need updated on what it is. Also the rub-on sale ends Nov. 30th too. When you spend $20 you get 20% off rub-ons. My SU website is open if you need to make an order, just click here.

This first card was fairly simple to make. The saying and ornaments are stamped using the silver encore ink. It takes longer to dry (like pigment), so we heat gunned it to make sure it was dry. Then the ornament tops were punched out of the silver paper which gave it a glimmery look which you can't really see here.
So here is what I used for this card.
paper: old olive, real red, silver, ww
ink: silver encore
stamps: snow swirled and Best Yet (hostess level 1)
accessories: silver cording, 1 3/4" circle punch, designer label punch, cropodile, dimensionals, heat gun.

Since we made the book and the card there was a little bit of a gap time finishing the little book, so while people waited we made these little tags. They were super easy. Just stamped the images, punched the corners and holes and thread the ribbon through.
For these I used the following:
inks: Old olive, bashful blue and night of navy
paper: old olive, night of navy and ww
stamps: To you and yours
accessories: tag corner punch, cropodile, olive and bashful grosgrain ribbon.
Well I hope you have another great day. I have to go get some stuff ready for tomorrow. Some friends are coming for a BYOS get together, which is a "Bring your own stuff" time. Where everyone brings there projects and takes time to work on them together. We enjoy getting together with friends, so it should be fun.

No comments: