Monday, November 3, 2008

holiday recipe album

This is a fun idea I put together to show at my gift class.
This is an idea to keep your holiday recipes together in one place. You can copy your ideas into it and then use the in between sheets to record memories, pictures, etc. Kind of like a recipe scrapbook.
It was pretty easy to put together. This is made using our small onboard chipboard. I then added some cardstock and DSP, a few accessories and layers and then it's done. It can even stand up if you need it too. It's a fun project, you ought to try it.
Here is what I used for my cover. I used the Ski slope DSP, Riding Hood Red paper, whisper white paper. I used the Big Shot and cut out the large snowflake and the letters (using Gogo boots alpha). I then added a couple of felt flurries and punched holes for my rings and was done.
This is the sheet where my recipe goes. I used the strip of DSP to hold the recipe like a pocket. That way I can add more then one card if need to or add a picture or notes or even a hand written recipe. There are a lot of options this way. This page also uses From the kitchen of stamp set and baja blue and versa mark ink.




This is a sample of the divider page (each section has a divider page). You can't see it real well in this picture but there are snow flakes stamped in versa mark on each of my cardstock pages. I thought you could write memories on this or tell your favorites, etc. On each divider page I stamped the item (i.e. desserts, meats & main dishes, etc), colored it in with my aqua painter, and punched it out with 1 1/4" circle punch. Then I added a colored 1 3/8" circle and a scallop under that and then adhered it to my page on the side leaving the room to share info on the main page.
I also used several colors throughout the book, but my main colors are Baja Blue, Riding hood Red, Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate chip. The snowflake comes from the Snow Swirled stamp set.

I won't have time right away, but I can't wait to work on this. I'll hopefully have more time as the holidays get closer and can write down some thoughts about stuff and maybe some updated pictures. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this and it inspires you to create something fun too.

No comments: