Tuesday, December 2, 2008

punch ornaments

Over the next several posts you will be shown several ornaments. Hopefully you like ornaments. We got together over the holiday weekend and made several. Even my kids got involved and made some, which I'll show some of them too. We had a lot of fun playing. I hope you are getting into the Christmas spirit. Here are a couple quick and easy ones to inspire you. The pictures don't do them justice, they are really small and very cute ornament additions. The round one is made with the scallop circle punch and they are punched out and folded in half and glued back to back. I used some of my leftover Holiday Treasure paper from my bags and tags class and some silver cording to hang it with, which you can't see here but got eaten off the next night by my cats, so now it's just a nub. Okay, don't laugh. It's funny and sad at the same time. The same thing happened to my little blue one, now we have to pay attention to where the strings go until we get the tree.
This one is made with the scallop square punch. You just fold in all 4 sides (just the corner 3 scallops) and glue the tips together. I punched a hole in the center of one side and fed through the cording before I glued on the final side. I stamped the baja with the Winter Post stamp set before I put it together. Really quick and easy idea and looks good with the dsp.
So I hope you are getting into the ho-ho holiday spirit. lol. Remember to take time and enjoy. Have a great day.

No comments: