Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Packaging for small gift or money

My nephews are at that age where they like money (or gift cards) for birthdays. They like picking out what they want. They are teens and I don't blame them. So at my oldest nephew's birthday back in October, I wrapped up his money in one of our new pillow boxes and tied it with ribbon. He seemed to really like that, because I made him work a little for his money. Normally we would put it into a card. This time he actually had to open something to get to it. :) So when it came to my second nephew's birthday, I tried to figure out a different technique and this is what I came up with. I've seen some other demos do some things similar to this, so I can't take all the credit, but I decided what to decorate it with.
For this little package I used the Top Note die and punched out two of them. I then used the Word Window punch and punched out a handle. I had some small white lunch bag type bags and I cut it down to fit. I then sticky striped the bag to the Top notes, inserted my gift and tied together with ribbon. I did stamp the top note before adhering to the bag. Pretty fun and easy. I also know my ribbon is crooked. I could have tied it on the side or made more of a "fake" bow to make it straight, but I wanted him to have to untie it, so I placed it close to center, making it having to tilt, which also worked out so you could see the Celebrate you better. If you don't have a Big Shot, you could always just decorate the paper with punches or use some decorative scissors or such to create a neat design. Your imagination is the only limit you have, so let it think outside the box and have fun creating. This time of the year it's hard to find time to create, but it can be squeaked in from time to time. ;)

Here is what I used to make this little package:
papers: whisper white, bashful blue
ink: Tangerine tango, bashful blue, night of Navy (some markers too)
stamps: Party Hearty
Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note, Word window punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, dimensionals, Tangerine Tango striped ribbon

No comments: