Saturday, December 6, 2008

Different ornaments

Here are some different ornaments I made. They took a lot more time then I expected, but thought I'd share.
This first one was an idea I saw from another demo. She had used wrapping paper, which I think would work better because it's thinner. I think that makes the gaps less. This took me forever to figure out. I told my sister I need an engineer to help. lol.
I did finally get it, but I had to sleep and try again. It was a challenge though which I love. It did come out cool though. For it I used some of my leftover Holiday treasures paper and chocolate grosgrain. Since it took so much time I had to show it.


This next ornament I made with my Big shot snowflake die. I cut out a bunch and glue dotted them together to make this 3d ornament. Fairly easy, except trying to decide how many I needed to complete it. I think it has something like 14 snowflakes in it. I also used baja blue paper and silver cording.






This next ornament is a different spin on the ball ornaments. Instead of putting the lips of the round ornament together I folded them in. On this ornament I put 8 together which gave it sort of diamond type of appearance. I haven't tried 20. I wonder what that would look like. hmm... I may need to try that. I also saw one recently with one lip in and one out. I may have to try that too. I hope you all aren't getting tired of ornaments. lol. These are circles from the ornament kit in the mini, but you can use any colors with the big Shot and circle ornament die.
Well this is most of the paper ornaments - or at least the better ones, that we have made. I hope you got inspired to make some too. There is one more type, but it's not paper and it's super shiny hope you like glitter. you'll have to come back soon and see those. I'm really loving those and I am trying different colors, thus why I haven't shown them yet. Hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Your ornaments look great. I found your blog while searching for some cool Christmas craft ideas and i enjoyed my visit here. Will be back more often.