Thursday, December 4, 2008

This first little ornament isn't very elaborate, but my son loved it. He grabbed it so many times he bent the corner of the star a little bit. This ornament will actually hold a small present or candy, etc. It has a flap that folds in and will keep it closed. The star is just 3 large star punches glued together at the tips. The ribbon is sticky stripped to the inside of the box. It's just stamped with the snowflake from Winter post stamp set and then decorated with red flowers punched from with the Boho Blossoms punch. It isn't the fanciest, but it's how my son liked it, which is all that matters. I used Old Olive, summer sun and real red paper; real red ribbon and sticky strip.



This next little tree I've seen done on a flat card. It's an orgami folded tree. I thought it might look cute as an ornament, so I made two of them and stuck them back to back with sticky strip. It looks much cuter in real life. It has a 3d effect to it, which can't be seen well in the photo. I used the bella dsp to make it and silver cording for the hanger. In real life it's one of my favorites. I should have taken a picture from the side you might could have caught the 3d effect better. You ought to try it. I think it's fun making new ornaments. Do you have any ideas to share? I'd love to see some.

No comments: