Thursday, December 11, 2008

circle ornament?

Hey everyone,
It's been pretty busy around here getting ready for the holidays. I haven't had much time to play it seems. I did finish a couple of projects that I am using as gifts that I need to mail out soon. Most of them you have seen if you have come to my classes - calendars and such. I need to make some more gift card holders still and I am still getting ready for my club on Monday. I have 3 different projects to make, so I hope they enjoy them. I'll share those next week.
We've been busy trying to get ready for the extra Christmas stuff. We just got our tree up and decorated last night and have repaired it at least 3 times - the cats see it as a new challenge. Hopefully it will be old news in a couple of days and they will leave it alone. :) We got our angel tree items in too, which is a relief. I had my DD help me with the shopping this time. She seemed to like that. We have a weekend full of activities and our first taste of Christmas as we get together with my husband's parents to celebrate early. I have had a little time to play between all that. I got to make this ornament, more sparkly ornaments, which I'll show soon, a countdown to Christmas box and a set of cards made with the simply sent Christmas card elements and the To You and Yours stamp set. I'll show them in the next few days as well.
Anyways, back to this ornament. This is a circle globe ornament, kind of like the big ball with less circles. I used 10 here instead of 20. The difference is I turned the flaps inward and not out. I'm now wondering what 20 would look like. This turned out pretty cool I think and they come out into different shapes. The last one was long and pointy this one is 5 sided and more flatter (looks the same on both sides). I used the Frosty Days DSP and my Big Shot and circle ornament die to make this. I also used the small hole punch and silver cording to put a hanger on it. It's all held together with SU glue stick. You ought to try some they are fun. I hope you all are having a great day. Try not to stress too much getting ready for the holidays. Remember one step, one day at a time - and don't forget to breathe.

No comments: