Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas from our house to yours

I want to spend some time with my family the next couple of days and I wanted to show this card before I did. I thought it was appropriate. It uses the To You and Yours stamp set, so I thought it was appropriate to wish you all Merry Christmas from our house to yours.

It shows a faux metal technique I I learned from the SU training team (One of the perks of being a demo by the way). There are two ways to do Faux Metal and this is just one of them. How do you do this you ask? First I took the stamp I wanted to use and inked it with Versa mark and left it to work on the next part (don't stamp anything - you need it wet with Versa). I then took a piece of silver paper (cut to a little bigger then the size so you can hold it) and inked it with Versa mark all over (use the pad). Then poured silver embossing powder on it and embossed the whole piece. I then did that same thing two more times on the same piece, so it's basically been embossed 3 times all over. I hold the heat gun on the piece a little longer and then I grab my stamp and I lift my heat gun up and then stamp into the warmed embossed piece of paper. When I lift my stamp off it looks like the stamp image has been etched into the embossed layers. The Versa mark keeps the silver from sticking to the stamp, so it's a pretty quick and easy way to add accents to your cards or scrap pages. A fun way to save a little on decorations and probably a little more archival then pure metal pieces. Anyways, I thought it a fun technique to show you and also to help wish you a very Merry Christmas!

We hope you take time and actually enjoy the holidays. Sometimes we spend so much time preparing we forget to enjoy the gifts we do have (like Martha did). So take some time and enjoy your family, your friends, your life and most of all God, who gaves us everything. God bless and Merry Christmas.

Here is what I used to make this card.
Paper: night of navy, bashful blue and whisper white, Brushed silver
ink: versa Mark, night of navy
stamps: To you and yours
accessories: silver cording, heat gun, silver embossing powder, white grosgrain ribbon, ticket corner punch, wide oval punch, dimensionals,

No comments: