Friday, December 19, 2008

birthday card using elements

I thought I'd take a quick break from Christmas and show you a couple ideas I made for my nephews birthday. We have several birthdays from October on and this was just one of them.
On this card I used the Rock Star Card elements and the Starring you stamp set. This was really quick and easy to put together. If you haven't used the elements they are very easy. If you are new to this kind of thing it is all spelled out for you. It tells you sizes to cut your paper, what other parts you need and even where to line it up. Now you can modify like I did the Christmas ones and I did a little here (bigger circle and words on the bottom). They really are fun and fast. I think these make good guy type cards and could also be used as a graduation card or any type of card that you want to say "Way to go". Everything was pretty much provided. I did stamp using old olive ink and versa mark ink. I punched a 1 3/4" circle too and then used dimensionals to add height to the card. Overall, it was fun and cool. Now if we could get it to play music too, that would be even more fun since that is the hit in our family right now.

No comments: