Monday, March 22, 2010

club project - matchbox and scallop flower

This was another of our club projects this past month. It is made with the matchbox die using Saffron paper. If you look really close you can see that I rolled the base of the box with the friends wheel using Saffron, so it gives it a tone on tone look. I wrapped the box in chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon and punched some leaves with the 2 step bird punch out of celery. The flower on top is made with 5 scallop circles. I balled each one up, inked all the edges and put a small flower (trio flower) and a brad in the center. You then smoosh all toward the middle (brad) and then loosen up the layers. It's a fairly quick and easy flower to make but it's fun and gives a nice effect. I'm liking making the flowers and trying out different punches and such to make them. It's spring and I'm ready to see some flowers. How about you? I actually saw daffodils blooming today. I like seeing them as it means winter has pretty much gone away (with a few exceptions, but for the most part). I mean here it can snow one day and have record heat the next. You just never know. It makes life interesting for sure, which is how I like it for the most part.
So I hope you have a great day today. Blessings.

No comments: