Sunday, March 7, 2010

fabric purse - big shot scallop square

Guess what I spent a portion of my afternoon doing? It wasn't a hard project if you know how to sew on a sewing machine. Unfortunately for me I hadn't touched one for 15 years and had help then. So I basically had a huge learning curve trying to figure it all out. The actual set up was easy. I just used my Big Shot and the scallop square die and cut out all the squares. You can cut 8 fabric squares with one pass through. Didn't take long and that part was done. Then I cut fabric for my straps and closure and also the batting for the inside. The inside looks like the outside except it includes the rough edges that were sewn together. Now this picture looks odd because of the flash. The yellow on the bottom is a shadow and not there and the button is actually silver and black, but the glare made it yellowish. The top picture is the front. The last the back and then I took a small side pick showing that I added a little pocket on both sides. For my first time, I love it, but I definitely need to practice a lot. :)
I'm thinking about getting some more fabric and making another where I put the scallops out and make it more like a rag purse.
So I hope you enjoy my share today. Have a great day.
Blessings.

No comments: