Monday, March 29, 2010

round chicks

Here is a little chick card that I made using our circle punch and the five petal flower punch. The beak is the 1/4" square punch or you could cut a square if you don't have that. The legs are drawn with marker. I copied this chick idea from demo Lynn Pratt on our demo site. Her chicks were doing the conga and had bunny ears, but I was trying mine and just did a simple card. The clouds are made using bashful blue and the scallop circle and oval punched pieces. I just cut slits in the grass and added little marker blades here and there in the grass. Just add some shading , some eyes and legs to get the rest of the look. Not too hard of a card. It's fun and it's one that brings a smile to my face. I like the chicks I've been making. They are cute and it's been gloomy and they make me smile. I hope they do you too. You'll have to get out some of your punches and try making different chicks, bunnies or even other animals. Some days it's just fun playing around seeing what you come up with I think. So I hope you enjoy my share today. Have a great day.

No comments: