Friday, March 5, 2010

a Moment in Time

I'm sorry I've been such a slacker posting. This has been a crazy week for us with quite a few stressful things going on, so I haven't had much creating time this week.
So I was looking at my last few posts and I realized that I hadn't posted pictures of the month before last's scrapbooking your faith pages. I knew I was a slacker this week, but didn't realize it was that bad. :) So this is the pages we made in January. I thought since January is typical of making resolutions and setting goals and such, I thought time a neat thing to talk about for the month. It went really well with the Sense of Time stamp set that I have with the clock and the cool sayings. I also used my two alphabet stamps and we stamped "a moment in Time" with them alternating with old olive and Chocolate Chip ink. The mats are in olive and the side piece and other parts are in Vanilla and inked with Chocolate, carmel and olive. It gives it an aged yet also camoflagey look. I also made an alternative jounal mat to put on one of the olive ones, but I guess I forgot to take a picture of that. The class members want to use 4x6 pictures so that limits the layout some, but overall I thought they turned out pretty cool. In real life you can see more of the shading too, which gives it more character. If you didn't want to use the time theme it would also make some cool manly type pages by changing the sayings.
But for this study we talked about time and Moments in time. We discussed some various bible characters and caught glimpses of their life in certain moments in time. We talked a lot about Zechariah and Elizabeth and waiting on God's timing and being faithful to God through it all. We talked about Moses and God's timing in using him. We talked about Jesus, Joseph and David and having to wait until they were 30 to provide their respective roles and ministries. How we can learn and grow while while waiting for God's timing. We talked about how we could use the pages to talk about a specific moment in time in our life - where we are at, what we were doing, how God used us, etc. We could talk about multiple moments that were special in our lives. We could talk about people God placed in our lives at particular moments and we could also talk about what God was doing in our life at that moment, etc. There are lots of possibilities and I love to have options for those that participate.
So I hope you enjoy the pages and even if you don't have the same sets, you can improvise. Think about ways you can make pages to talk about where you are at this moment, how your relationship to God is at the moment or even various events in your life that has brought you where you are today. If you are more of a cardmaker and not a scrapbooker, how about journaling about your thoughts? Just because you don't scrap, doesn't mean you can't leave your family a legacy of who you are, what you believe and where God has helped you come from and how your life is what it is today because of your relationship with God.
It's great to look back on things and remember. I so wish I could ask my grandmother more questions, which is what prompted me to do more pages about myself and who I am. This way, my children and family can know more about me and who I am. I normally focus my scrapping on events or special occasions. This way it helps them learn more about who I am now in my life.
A cool concept if you think about it. So how about taking time to do that? I love hearing other's stories too. If you get time to share, I'd love to hear about a moment in time in your life.
Hope you have a great day and the page inspires you.
Blessings.

No comments: