Saturday, May 29, 2010

graduation cards

I had to make some graduation cards for several people this year. We knew kids from all ages that were graduating. My daughter and several of her friends were graduating from 5th grade, my nephew from 8th grade and a few others from 12th. I made several a similar card, but I changed it to match their school colors.
I made this top one using Brilliant blue, black and white. That is one color I'm going to miss as it matches several of our school colors in the area.
The graduation stamp is in the mini catalog and I colored it with markers. The graduation is in brilliant blue and the rest is black. The stars from the Starring you stamp set are in Brilliant in the top one and in black in the bottome one. I then punched out a large and small star and then popped them up using dimensionals. It was a fairly easy card, but fun to make.
I was really proud of my daughter at her graduation. She did really well. She ended up getting a presidential award along with several certificates and had one of her best report cards this year. So she was definitely a star that day. :)
Next I get to see my nephew graduate. He's going to be entering high school. I really can't believe how big all our kids are getting. Before we know it they will all be grown and gone.
So I hope you enjoy the cards and it gives you an idea of another type of card. Have a great day.

No comments: