Monday, May 17, 2010

teacher appreciation bag toppers

I made some gifts for my kids teachers and I thought they would look even nicer in a decorated bag. So I had found these small bags at a craft store on sale and they matched our colors really well I thought. Since they were plain I decided to decorate a topper to put on top of the bag. It makes it look prettier but also helps keep the bag closed and keeps things from falling out.
I decorated these bags using the new Elements of Style stamp set in the new mini. I just love this new set and you will see several samples here shortly using it.

I guess I haven't out grown some of my childhood as I still like to color. :) To me it's slightly addicting and a stress relief of some sort.
I colored in this stamp to match the colors on the bags. For the purplish one. I used Lavendar Lace (soon to retire) and Elegant Eggplant for the flowers and then Certainly Celery and Old Olive for the leaves. For the pinkish one I used Pretty in Pink and Melon Mamba for the flowers and then the same greens. The purple is backed in Olive paper and the Pink in Celery. I thought they turned out really pretty. I also added a little tag using the little flower that comes with the set and punched it out with the circles and backed with olive and wrote their names on it to tell apart but I guess I forgot to take a picture of that. I tied that on with the linen thread.

I'll have to share next time (or over several times) as there were several items that I made for the teachers. It took me a while too as I had to make four sets, but my kids teachers work hard and answer a lot of emails for me as to how my kids are doing, so they deserve little extras here and there in my opinion. I hope they enjoy them and they are useful to them anyways. So here is my share for the day. I hope you enjoy it and it gives you an idea of some things you can do too. Have a great day. :)

No comments: