Friday, May 14, 2010

milk carton bird house

I'm sorry but I'm not a very organized person. This is another item we made at club and I can't find who I saw this actual design from. I've seen several birdhouse ideas, but I'm positive there was one that looked pretty much just like this one. I really liked this one and it seemed simple enough for a large group to do.
If anyone knows, just let me know and I'll update. I keep saying I'll get more organized but it's just not working yet. We just have too much going on. I think I need to hire an organizer to set me up and then maybe I have a slim chance. :)

So anyways this birdhouse is made using the milk carton die. We stamped it with the wood grain background stamp in Chocolate chip. We punched a circle out of the one end for the hole. Used the scallop border to trim the edges of the top piece which is a Brocade Blue. Then punched a bird and leaves using the 2 step bird punch using bashful blue and certainly celery. We stamped the wing with the stamp set Vintage Vogue which will be in the new catalog. I used basic black marker for his eye. This one is made to set flat, but you could also punch a hole in the top with the cropodile and string a ribbon through and make an ornament out of it too. You could also crinkle up some strips of paper for fake straw to look like a nest inside. I ended up buying malted milk ball egg shapes to put inside as they looked somewhat like real eggs. I think most got eaten during class though. :) I guess I shouldn't expect chocolate would last long with a group of ladies . :) Oh well, we all had fun and got our chocolate fix in too. So in all it was fun night. I always have with my club ladies.
Hope you have a great day again today.

No comments: