Sunday, May 23, 2010

teacher appreciation gifts

One thing I made for each of my kid's teachers was a pack of note cards. Our kids are blessed with really good teachers and a great school.
Their teachers always get a ton of stuff, so I was trying to find items that they would use. I finally decided to make them a set of cards. I took a few packs of the gift notes and then made the different cards. I made each one different with different colors and somewhat different styles. Most were thank you or thinking of you cards. Some had glitter, some were diecuts, some were watercolored, etc. So different types. I then packaged them all in a little box and tied a bow around them to make it look like it all matches. I love it when things match by the way, so I thought that part was cool.

To make my box all I did was measure the envelope length and width add about a sixteenth to each side and then I had my bottom dimensions. I then put all the cards in a stack including envelopes and then measured the height. Once I got that dimension you add twice that to your measurement in each direction. For example if your cards measured 5x7 and your height was a 1/2" then you would cut your paper 6x8. That way you could have 1/2" for the top and 1/2" for the bottom fold or sides depending on which you are working on. That would also be your score line (score 1/2" in all directions). You do the same for the window sheet used for the top (except I did make mine slightly smaller so it would fit just inside the bottom). I wrapped it all with Melon Mamba polka dotted ribbon, which I thought went great with the top card.

Once I figured out all the designs they were pretty easy to complete.
I hope they enjoyed them all. I made different ones to fit different styles.
So that's my share for the day. I hope you enjoyed it.
I was going to post this last night, but my husband and I finally got a few hours of time together to actually eat dinner with no kids, so we took advantage of it. By the time was all said and done it was late. So I hope you have a great day today and enjoy the post. Blessings.

No comments: