Wednesday, May 12, 2010

mothers day club card

I just realized I hadn't posted some of the items that we had done at club. This card is one we made for Mother's day. It uses the faux suede technique. If you enlarge the photo you might could tell better, but the purple flowers have a fuzzy texture to them. You get that look by separating the paper layers. We punched out 3 circles. Then you take your bone folder or similar type instrument and you basically rub it over the punch outs like you are curling ribbon. This will break down the papers until they start to separate. Since Stampin' Up! paper is solid core (meaning the color goes all the way through) when you pull the layers apart it leaves a fuzzy side, which is very soft. From a distance it has a resemblance to suede thus the name.
So basically we used the 2 step bird punch for the leaves, 3 circle punches, crystal brads for the centers of the flowers and then the stamp set Well Scripted for the saying.
I thought it a fun card to share. Since my sister is in this class too, I also made our mom another card using this technique but using other colors. I'll have to download that picture next to show you what that looks like.
This card uses a retiring color (lovely lilac) as well as certainly celery and whisper white. Lovely lilac is one I'll miss as my daughter loves purple.

For those of you that like some of the retiring colors I would recommend purchasing them soon. They have had a greater then usual demand for some of them. There are some already on back order and some they are trying to fill with textured paper. It won't be long that it will switch to while supplies last.

No comments: